Thursday, October 6, 2011

Favorites: September 2011

Hi!

Is it October already?? September just flew by! I apologize for the lack of post suring September, I'll try and do better this month!

Anyway, these are some of the products I've been using/loving the most during September.

SONY DSC


- Clear small storage unit: First up is this clear cube with 3 drawers that I use to store my daily used products in. It's not THE Clear Cube which a lot of celebrities supposibly use for their makeup, I just purchased this at Habitat in Antwerp for €15. I like the idea of The Clear Cube, but don't like the price so much. If you don't know what The Clear Cube is, click here. I like the fact that I can see through this little clear cube and how it's small so it doesn't take up too much space on my vanity, yet big enough for all my necessities. I try to switch up the products I keep in here every now and then so that I don't get stuck in a rut and use the exact same products every single day.

- MAC Stunner blush: This blush came out with the MAC Me Over collection which launched not too long ago (click here for my haul). I've used this blush pretty much every time I did my makeup because it just goes with everything. It's a stunner!

DSC03358DSC03359 

- MAC 130 short duo fibre brush: I bought this brush went I went to check out the MAC Me Over collection and I've been using it to apply my foundation since the day I got it. I absolutely love it. It's a lot shorter and more dense than the MAC187, which I used to use for my foundation. I still sometimes use it to make sure my foundation is well blended down my neck. It's also smaller which makes it a lot easier to work with around the eyes and nose.

DSC03345

- Catrice Prime and Fine Smoothing Refiner: Click here to go to the Catrice website to read a little more about it and to find the ingredients. It's a silicone-based primer which is supposed to fill pores and fine lines. It doesn't really keep my foundation on longer (I use Revlon colorstay which stays on pretty well by itself), but I feel like it does provide a smoother base for my foundation. I think this primer is very comparable to the L'Oreal Studio Secrets Smoothing Resurfacing Primer. I don't have the L'Oreal primer but I've seen it in durgstores and tested it on my hand and it looks and feels exactly the same to me. Not sure how much the L'Oreals Studio Secrets Primer costs, but the Catrice primer only costs €4.99!

SONY DSCSONY DSCSONY DSCSONY DSCSONY DSC    

- MAC Fire In Her Eyes eyeshadow in the 6 Smoke and Mirrors palette (LE from the Magic, Mirth and Mischief Holiday 2009 Collection): This is one of the products that I threw in the cube so I'd use it more often. And I certainly did use it a lot, the lightest highlight colour in particular. It's described as a frost neutral beige. I like it as an inner corner hightlight and a soft wash as a brow highlight. It's a neutral (not really cool or warm, but more in between) colour so it goes with everything and gives a nice shine without being too frosty.

SONY DSCSONY DSCSONY DSC  

- Loverdose Eau de Parfum from Diesel: I got two of these little samples not too long ago. I loved it the first time I smelled it and I've used up one of the two samples. I can't really tell you what it smells like because I'm horrible at describing scents, but I did some research and appaerntly it has notes of mandarin, jasmin, liquorice and vanilla. For me this is the kind of parfum that I'd wear at night. I also like the bottle of this parfum so I really want to get a full size bottle of this one!
Click here to go to the Loverdose website.

SONY DSC

- BC Bonacure Hairtherapy Hair+Scalp Dandruff Control Shampoo (250ml): This shampoo saved my hair! Since may/june, I noticed I was losing a lot of hair and I didn't know why. I didn't know if it was because of a lack of vitamins, or stress or the shampoo that I was using at that time.
My roots get oily after a day and a half after washing it, but my scalp is usually really dry. I've tried many different shampoos but often go back to Head & Shoulders because other shampoo's would give me dadruff. Because I was losing so much hair I even asked my doctor if she knew what could be the cause. She said that it was normal to lose more hair around spring and summer. I kept using the shampoos I'd normally use which are all drugstore shampoos found at pretty much any supermarket, but the hairloss didn't improve.
About a month ago, I went to get my hair cut after about a year and a half or trimming my ends myself. The hairdresser immediately told me that my scalp was inflammeted which was causing the hair to fall out. He said the chemicals in cheap, drugstore shampoos are too harsh and can dammage your scalp so he recommended me this shampoo. I noticed a major improvement after 2-3 uses and the amount of hair I lose when washing or brushing my hair is back to normal. I'm really glad I got this shampoo and I'll probably never go back to cheaper shampoos again. I'd rather spend a little more money than lose all my hair.
I purchased this shampoo at the hair salon and I know it's available at Pro Duo here in Belgium (which is a hair and beauty supply store). It cost me about €14 at the salon and about €9 at Pro Duo with my discount card. I also found it available on Beautybay.com.

SONY DSCSONY DSC 


That's it for my September favorites! If you have a question about any of these products, feel free to ask me in the comments!

Thank you for reading and until next time!

Up next: some OPI nail polishes!

x
Tanja

No comments:

Post a Comment