Saturday, September 11, 2010

Haul: Nail polish shopped in Cardiff

Just got back from a trip to Cardiff a couple of days ago. While I was there I picked up a couple nail polishes. After recieving my Models Own polishes, I definitely wanted to try more of them, so I went to Boots to have a look. Unfortunately they didn't have all the colours in stock so only picked up 2 colours. Magenta Pearl and Purple Mystique. I love these colours! They were a bit more sheer than the cremes so I applied 3 coats to get them nice and even.



Models Own - Magenta Pearl

Magenta Pearl (3 coats, no topcoat, flash)


Models Own - Purple Mystique

Purple Mystique (3 coats, with topcoat, flash)


With that purchase I recieved a £5 off voucher for the N°7 and Ruby & Millie line. So before going home, I made quick stop at Boots. I wanted a nail polish that didn't look like anything I already had and Night Silver from N°7 caught my eye. It's a very dark silver, gunmetal kind of colour. Looks darker in person than on the photos (due to flash).


N°7 - Night Silver

Night Silver (2 coats, no topcoat, flash)

Lastly, I went looking for Mushroom from Barry M. After I heard Lollipop26 (check out her youtube channel here and blog here) talk about it, I decided I had to have it lol. She compaired it to Essie's Mink Muffs and Chanel's Particulière in this blog post.
Again, this colour looks alot lighter in the pictures because of the flash. Also took a picture with artificial lighting.



Barry M - Mushroom

Mushroom (2 coats, no topcoat, flash)

Artificial light

When I saw it in person, I thought it would look alot like a polish from Catrice I already had. But when I compared them, they looked less similar then I thought they would. I also compaired it to Models Own's Nude Beige. Nude Beige is alot lighter and From Dusk To Dawn from Catrice is more of a taupe.





From left to right:
Catrice - From Dusk To Dawn, Barry M - Mushroom, Models Own - Nude Beige
(2 coats, no topcoat, artificial light)



That's it for today. I'll be posting my make up haul soon!



Have a nice weekend!


x
Tanja


No comments:

Post a Comment