Saturday, September 11, 2010

Haul: Nail polish shopped in Cardiff

Just got back from a trip to Cardiff a couple of days ago. While I was there I picked up a couple nail polishes. After recieving my Models Own polishes, I definitely wanted to try more of them, so I went to Boots to have a look. Unfortunately they didn't have all the colours in stock so only picked up 2 colours. Magenta Pearl and Purple Mystique. I love these colours! They were a bit more sheer than the cremes so I applied 3 coats to get them nice and even.



Models Own - Magenta Pearl

Magenta Pearl (3 coats, no topcoat, flash)


Models Own - Purple Mystique

Purple Mystique (3 coats, with topcoat, flash)


With that purchase I recieved a £5 off voucher for the N°7 and Ruby & Millie line. So before going home, I made quick stop at Boots. I wanted a nail polish that didn't look like anything I already had and Night Silver from N°7 caught my eye. It's a very dark silver, gunmetal kind of colour. Looks darker in person than on the photos (due to flash).


N°7 - Night Silver

Night Silver (2 coats, no topcoat, flash)

Lastly, I went looking for Mushroom from Barry M. After I heard Lollipop26 (check out her youtube channel here and blog here) talk about it, I decided I had to have it lol. She compaired it to Essie's Mink Muffs and Chanel's Particuli√®re in this blog post.
Again, this colour looks alot lighter in the pictures because of the flash. Also took a picture with artificial lighting.



Barry M - Mushroom

Mushroom (2 coats, no topcoat, flash)

Artificial light

When I saw it in person, I thought it would look alot like a polish from Catrice I already had. But when I compared them, they looked less similar then I thought they would. I also compaired it to Models Own's Nude Beige. Nude Beige is alot lighter and From Dusk To Dawn from Catrice is more of a taupe.





From left to right:
Catrice - From Dusk To Dawn, Barry M - Mushroom, Models Own - Nude Beige
(2 coats, no topcoat, artificial light)



That's it for today. I'll be posting my make up haul soon!



Have a nice weekend!


x
Tanja


No comments:

Post a Comment