Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Preview: MAC – MAC Me Over collection

Hey!



media_macmeover000

Ok, I’ll admit, I’m a MAC addict! Everytime information about a new MAC collection pops up somewhere on the internet, I’m all over it to make up my wish list. I’m a loyal follower of Temptalia, who always posts great information, reviews, pictures and  swatches of pretty much everything is every single MAC collection. I’m sure you all know her :). Based on what she posts, I decide what I think is worth checking out in person when the collection releases in stores. I often don’t even look at the other stuff because I just end up getting even more stuff if I don’t eliminate certain items in advance. She always puts up the US and Canada launch date, and when it’s launched internationally. For the exact launch date for Belgium and The Netherlands I always check Beautyscene.nl or call my local MAC store (usually the first saturday of the month for big collections).

The MAC collection thats coming out next is “MAC Me Over”. For this collection, they had a contest last year of which they picked 6 winners who got a MAC makeover. This huge collection is devided into 3 parts: Basics, New Black and Icelandic Cool.

Basics:

media_macmeover013
Things I want to check out:
- Moleskin eyeshadow: looks like a nice matte neutral brown, want to see how similar it is to Wedge.
- Mythical eyeshadow: looks really pretty but might be similar to other eyeshadows I have (Sexpectations maybe?), I love veluxe pearl eyeshadows.
- Carbonized eyeshadow: another veluxe pearl, supposed to be very similar to Center Stage (which I have) so probably gonna skip this.
- Equilibrium blush: neutral light brown-bronze.£
- Stunner blush: coral-pink, don’t have that many blushes from MAC and they both look really pretty and wearable.


New Black:

media_macmeover014
Things I want to check out:
- Dark Diversion: dark plum, nice colour for green eyes.
- Dark Envy: dark green, I really like fluidlines!
- 211 brush: fine tapered liner brush, looks interesting.


Icelandic Cool:

media_macmeover015

Things I want to check out:
- Lady Grey  eyeshadow quad: these look like very soft colours that would be great for a daytime look that’s just a little different from the usual neutral colours.
- 226 brush: I have the Sigma dupe of this brush but it’s not as tapered as I’d like, if the MAC one isn’t as tapered as I want, I’ll probably get the Louise Young 38A tapered brush.


If you wonder why I haven’t put any of the lip products on my wish list, that’s just because I personally rarely wear anything on my lips, so I’m not going to spend a lot of money on lip products.

If you want to see bigger pictures of all the items in this collection, including all the before and after pictures from all the makeovers, click HERE to go to Temptalia’s original post with official pictures. For a complete overview of the collection and swatches, go ahead and watch her video HERE. Lastly, if you want to know what her recommendations and comparisons are, and links to reviews of all the products, go HERE.

The MAC Me Over collection launches internationally September 2011, September 3rd for Belgium and The Netherlands. If you want to know when the collection will hit stores in your country, I suggest calling your local MAC store!

Are there any items from this collection that you really want to get?

Up next: my must have, can't live without eye brushes!

x
Tanja


Pictures source: Temptalia.com


No comments:

Post a Comment