Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Tutorial: Soft neutral look

For my second tutorial I went for a soft eye, using neutral colours. This will look great on anyone with any skin tone or eye colour.

Last time I forgot to mention what I use for my brows and brow highlight.
I pretty much every day use Brun from MAC to fill in my brows and Vanilla, also from MAC, as my brow highlight.

So here's the tutorial:








Brun...













...with a big angled brush from The Body shop (got this on years ago)









and Vanilla...











... with a flat shader brush, SS 239 from Sigma (this one is a little bigger and fluffier than the MAC 239, which makes it perfect for my brow highlight)






















Next, Soft Ochre paintpot from MAC (or any other eye shadow base you like) 

























 For this look, I used the NYX eye shadow palette called Versus. I used number 2, 3, 4 and 10.












 First, I put number 3 all over the lid and lower lash line with a flat shader brush (MAC 239)

























 Then, using the SS 226, I put number 2 in the crease.












I also applied it on the outer half of my lower lash line using the 239. 






  





 I then lined my upper lash line with a black pencil. (You can use any black pencil you like)












 And smudged it with a pencil brush. I used the MAC 219.























 To darken the outer corner a bit I used number 4 with the SS 226 and connected it to the lower lash line with the 219.
 (doesnt really show up in the picture) It also helps blend the black eyeliner.








Next is a white eye pencil for the waterline and I put number 10 from the palette in the inner corner.






  












  




Lots of mascara. I used MaxFactor Masterpiece again.












And you're done!













And you're done! Hope you like it.
Requests for future tutorials are always welcome!




x
Tanja

No comments:

Post a Comment